Rev Up Raffle Rules
1. TO ENTER. From August 22, 2013 from 10 a.m. through 10:59 a.m. on October 26, 2013 or until 2000 tickets have been sold, (“Entry Period”), entrants may enter the Austin Humane Society's RevUp Raffle (“Raffle”) by purchasing a raffle ticket from an authorized employee or agent of the Austin Humane Society for $20, or three tickets for $50, payable to the Austin Humane Society and completing a registration form which will include name, complete address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if available), and telephone number. Tickets may also be purchased over the internet.
NOTE: DEADLINE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE IS 11:59AM, OCTOBER 25TH OR UNTIL 2000 TICKETS ARE SOLD.
OFFICIAL DRAWING. The official drawing will take place on October 26, 2013 at at approximately 11 a.m. at the Roger Beasley Mazda South location.
2. SPONSOR. The Raffle is sponsored by the Austin Humane Society, a Texas non-profit corporation (the “Sponsor”). All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
3. CONDITIONS. An eligible entrant may only enter via the ticket purchasing methods as described above. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Neither Sponsor nor advertising and promotion agencies are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of entries will be accepted.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNER. A random drawing will be conducted on October 26, 2013 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received, not to exceed 2,000 tickets sold. The winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email. The winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release, which must be completed and returned within four (4) days of issuance of notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. TICKETS (PRIZE) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND CANNOT BE SOLD.
5. PRIZE. The prize is two VIP suite tickets to the F1 qualifying races on Friday, November 15th at the Circuit of the Americas as well as food and beverages within the suite. Estimated prize value is over $10,000. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, if a prize cannot be awarded for any reason. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. ELIGIBILITY. The Raffle is open to legal residents of the State of Texas, United States, who are physically located in the State of Texas, United States and who are 18 years of age or older as of August 22, 2013. The Raffle is void where prohibited. Employees and Directors of the Sponsor and their immediate families are not eligible to win the grand prize. Immediate family is defined as, through either blood or marriage, one degree of familial relationship (including in-laws and step-family), such as your spouse, your siblings, your parents, and your children. Immediate family does not include other family members (including in-laws and step-family), such as grandchildren, grandparents, nieces, or nephews.
7. WINNER’S NAME. For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Austin Humane Society Raffle, ATTN: Winner’s Name, 124 W. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX, 78752, or log on to http://www.austinhumanesociety.org
8. RULES REQUESTS. To receive a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the same address listed in Item 7, ATTN: Raffle Rules, or log onto www.austinhumanesociety.org
9. TAXES. All applicable federal, state and local tax associated with winning the prize in the Raffle will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner shall be provided a 1099 form for income tax purposes because the value of the prize exceeds $500.
10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor, its employees and its Directors will not be responsible for or liable to any prize winner, winner’s family or estate for any submissions of entries that are lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, or incorrect. Sponsor can, at any time it chooses, without recourse, decide to terminate or modify the Raffle if the integrity of the Raffle appears to be compromised. If the raffle is cancelled, all monies paid for raffle tickets will be returned to entrants. Decisions of the Sponsor related to the winner, interpretation of official rules, and other matters related to this Raffle are final.
Sponsor makes no warranty of any nature with respect to the raffle or the prize, whether in respect of fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality or otherwise. Entrants acknowledge that, except as specifically set forth herein, sponsor has not made and disclaims all liability for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, related to the raffle or the prize. All entrants, by entering, agree to be bound by these official rules. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release sponsor, its directors, employees, officers or agents, from any and all liability, loss or personal or property damages arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection with, the awarding, receipt, accepting, using or misusing of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
11. GOVERNING LAW. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All disputes surrounding the Raffle and any prize awarded hereunder will be subject to the substantive laws of Texas. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
12. GENERAL. Winner consents to the use of his or her name, biographical information, photographs and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner. Purchased tickets are not tax deductible, nor considered a donation to the Sponsor. Winners and guests must demonstrate appropriate and respectful behavior during the race event, inappropriate behavior may result in forfeiture of prize.